Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Northern Allegheny Foothills




We arrive in Whitney Point, New York on June 5th.  After twenty-six years of living in other parts I am finally home.  I have missed my kids.  I’ve missed the Northern Allegheny foothills where dairy farms randomly dot hill and valley.  My eyes can’t drink in enough of the well-remembered landscape.  Gaze follows back roads that wind leisurely through quiet countryside and eagerly caresses hills and sprawling fields and open spaces.







Then...


Evening produces a strange sky.  Clouds roll in like waves.

Sunset tints them pink.





Suddenly, a bright, broad rainbow arches across half the sky. 
God has put on a show for my homecoming!
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." 
Genesis 9:13

4 comments:

  1. Anything that says Allegheny catches my attention. (I knew you were from down there somewhere...) I loved my childhood visits to Allegheny County, just a little farther to the west, where Great Grandma lived in Angelica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome sunset and rainbow. God did give you a welcome home gift See you guys soon. Great update and pics to match.

    ReplyDelete